Day by Day

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 6th

Crystal and Justus are with Olivia, she goes into surgery in about a half an hour. Last night they had a very long and sweet time with her, one of Crystal's favorite nurses was with her and several people commented on what a good surgon Dr. Lombarti is. God is good. I am sitting her in a very quiet room waiting for the two little blessings God has already given us to wake up. It's hard to explain but I do have a peace about today, God is in control, He has knowen about this day from the begining and I do trust him, so praying and rejoicing in Him we will head to breakfast soon, then meet up with lots of family to wait. Crystal and Justus are waiting at the hospital so I wont be with them but I'm sure somebody will. Remember to be praying with us, I will keep you posted. This morning devotion is from a friend of mine; John 14:27“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.” As far as parting gifts go, this is the best ever. Jesus leaves us with something we really can use and really need desperately...peace. And Jesus’ brand of peace is so different from a bubble bath, kids at their friend’s houses or the ringer turned off. That’s just quiet followed by anxiety when the noise resumes. People try and offer their solutions for peace like calling the police or prescribing pharmaceuticals. These peaceful solutions only treat the symptoms - the problem, the fear, the craziness is still there.Jesus’ peace outlasts fear and brings confidence and rest - something the police officer or prescription cannot provide. Philippians 4:6-7 accurately describes the indescribable peace of Jesus and how we attain it: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” And I love how he adds, “Do not let your hearts be troubled” because he knows that the peace they’ve only ever experienced before had let them down. But the peace Jesus brings is stronger than any of my troubles. It’s a really great gift!

No comments: