Day by Day

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Stop New York City!


Caleb airport dinning at JFK New York!
Im going to try to blog everyday  while Caleb is gone, I have a copy of his itinerary so I can share where he is and what he is supposed to be seeing I think it will help him remember each day when he gets back and it will be fun for me!
Caleb had to be at the Stater Bros parking lot in Canyon Hills at 3:30 this morning!  He is going on this trip with the group from Canyon Hills Calvary Chapel, Pastor Josh is really a great guy and has done this trip several times so everything should go without a hitch.  They had rented two 15 passenger vans for the team so I hugged good by my baby boy leaving him in a dark parking lot in 35 degrees and totally in God's hands for the next 12 days.
I got a text from him after he got checked in and through security at LAX, a big thumbs up, I can imagine he had some butterflies now that this was really happening.  He had McDonalds for breakfast and was loading up.....  Next stop, New York City!
Caleb's flight touched down in NY around 2pm and I was thrilled he called to check in!  The flight was uneventful and he was able to finally get a couple hours of sleep. He did mention it was long and only half as long as his next flight, oy vey!  For now he was off to stretch his legs and find food!
Thumbs up!
I got one more phone call right before boarding, all was well.
We elected not to purchase the out of country package for his phone so I don't expect to actually talk to him again until he lands in New York on the 28th but with the abundance of internet cafe's and hotel wifi we should be able to keep in touch.
Erik is using a "flight tracker" to follow the flights progress, he just told me, "just think, our son is in a silver tube about 6 miles above the ocean going about 655mph! Wow that is amazing!"  Thanks Babe!! Just when I was feeling better.  ;-)

Caleb, your an amazing young man, " May the Lord bless you and watch over you. May the Lord cause His countenance to shine on you and favor you. May the Lord raise His countenance toward you and grand you peace."


No comments: