Day by Day

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ahhhh, Love

Today we went to Erik's niece's engagement party. Natalie has found her prince and he has truly turned her into a princess. She and I talked at length today and I was amazed at her transformation from a giggly school girl into this charming young lady full of hopes and dream and plans for the future. Ahhh, to be in love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The Excellence of Love
"1If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails; ....... 13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."
Love is not easy, believe me I know. I hope and pray that Natalie and David will always look to Jesus for their example of love and not to any of this worlds standards.

No comments: