Day by Day

Monday, July 5, 2010

Olivia; July 5th

Another Monday and here I am back at Ronald McDonald House.  Olivia is about the same, a little better. The doctors are really working to get the swelling off of her so they can close her chest.  Crystal says she now has some definition to her legs and arms so it must be working.  All of her numbers are a little better and they are weaning her off of things but I don't have all the info to repeat for you.  I do know she is still very "delicate" so they are going very slow with everything they are doing.
Today we got a surprise when my cousin Gayle and her daughter Tiffany stopped by for a visit. Tiffany lives down here and it was her 21st birthday yesterday so Gayle and Randy were visiting her.  It was nice to see somebody from home.  Since I forgot to get a picture of them when they were here today I'm posting one from a camping trip last year.  Camping, I can hardly wait for that this year...

I've been Lucky enough to have gone home a few weekends now but Crystal will have been here for 5 weeks tomorrow. That's a long time, we are so thankful for this place to stay.
So, not much news on Olivia tonight but as always no news is good news;
My reading today brought me to a passage on patience and I thought as I have asked all of you to be praying for Olivia please also be praying for us, I have never been a very patient person and God is really working on me, I could use your prayers, Paul put it very well in Colossians 1:9-14
 9 So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14 who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
Thank you again, it is good knowing we have so many standing with us.

No comments: