Day by Day

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Shamu Family Fun Walk

Team Livie's Heart!
Today was the Shamu Family Fun Walk to benefit Rady Children's Hospital.
Rady is where Olivia was treated.
We are Team Livie's Heart;  we are 88 strong and we raised close to $4,000.00 for the hospital.
What a Kick!
We are not special or famous, we are just a family that had a very sick baby, who went to heaven after only 73 days with us.  But she inspired us and look what has come of it!
Old friends reunited, Cary it was so great to see you again and to meet your family. New friends like Heather and Brooke who are now just like family.  Family that has been absent but is now back like Tiffany and her beautiful children and new friends like Beka and Rachel who we share a special spot with as they continue their journeys and challenges with their special little ones, and really way too many more to mention here.
Thank you all for being a part of my life

My beautiful daughter, Crystal my hero...


Papa and Evie, ready to Go!




















Now that the "race" is over I'm a little numb, not only because I've been up since 4AM!  But, what next?  Olivia's journey has taken me places I didn't know I could go, I have learned things that I didn't even know I didn't know! These last seven months have been so consumed with so much emotion and now it seems so quiet.
Crystal, Kim, Me and Heather

Next weekend we start looking for a place for Kimmie and Ed's wedding in the spring.  I am so happy for them and so excited about another wedding (aka a GREAT reason to party).

So I guess for now I will try to appreciate the lull in activity and rest up, the adventures are never too far apart at "Mammy's House".

No comments: